Stadio Artemio Franchi is a football stadium in Florence, Italy. It is currently the home of ACF Fiorentina, and AC Siena. The old nickname of the stadium was "Comunale." The stadium was built in 1931 and holds 47,290. The architect is Pier Luigi Nervi (known for the Nervi Hall in the Vatican) and it is one of the most relevant examples of 20th century architecture in the city.
It hosted some of the football preliminaries for the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome.
The stadium was originally called the "Comunale" but was renamed after the former FIGC president, Artemio Franchi in 1991.
The stadium itself underwent renovations for the 1990 FIFA World Cup which included removing the running track and increasing the seating capacity.
The official record attendance is 58,271 from 1984, at a Serie A match between Fiorentina and Internazionale.